Top Arctic World Expeditions
Specialists in Iceland
Trips Cruises >> Trip Details
We will enjoy the beauty of one of the most remote places of the World, where we could see the animals’ way of life in their natural state.
- Flight from the country of residence – Punta Arenas (Chile)
- Transfer to the hotel.
- In the afternoon, we attend a briefing that provides important information about our voyage and reviews the essential guidelines for Antarctic visitors.
- Later, gather for a welcome dinner and meet our fellow adventurers while enjoying a typical regional menu.
- Overnight at the hotel.
- Breakfast at the hotel.
- Our Antarctic adventure begins with a two-hour flight from Punta Arenas to King George Island, in the South Shetland Islands. As we exit the airplane, the clear Antarctic air fills our lungs for the first time. We explore the area surrounding Chile’s Frei Station and Russia’s Bellingshausen station, before boarding a Zodiac to embark our expedition vessel.
Days 3 - 6
- Cruise between the South Shetland Islands and the western coast of the Antarctic Peninsula, sailing along ice-filled fjords and among spectacular icebergs, while enjoying the company of sea birds, penguins, seals and whales. Each day, we disembark by Zodiac and explore the landscape together with expert polar guides. On board the ship, we attend an engaging program of lectures and presentations, and enjoy spectacular vistas from the glass-enclosed lounge while sharing our daily adventures with fellow guests.
No journey is the same as flexibility is the key to success in Antarctica. The Expedition Team sets the voyage route to take advantage of the ever-changing opportunities provided by Nature, crafting a unique and extraordinary experience each time. While the exact itinerary changes with each expedition, we will explore several spots that offer the best possible overview of the varied Antarctic environment. Our voyage may include visits to sites such as Paulet Island, Hope Bay, Port Lockroy, Petermann Island, Paradise Bay, Deception Island, the Lemaire Channel, or many other magnificent places.
- Return to King George Island and bid farewell to Antarctica before boarding the flight back to Punta Arenas.
- Flight from Punta Arenas to the country of residence.
DATESDecember 2021- February 2022 (ask for departures)
RESERVATIONBefore 90 days of the trip: 30% of the trip price + flights. After 90 days: 100% + flights
MINIMUM GROUP1 person
- Ship cruise
- Accommodation and breakfast, 5 lunches and 6 dinners.
- All drinks on board.
- Shore excursions.
- Lectures and onboard entertainment
- Loan of boots for landing in Antarctica
- Transfer from/to airport/hotel according to the itinerary
- Comprehensive pre- and post- departure information
- Multi-adventure insurance.
- Meals on transfers, airports and cities.
- Air excess costs of personal baggage.
- Regular flights air taxes.
- Extra activities and optional excursions out of the expedition plan.
- Extra accommodation nights and extra meals in airports because of delays due to weather conditions, ice or snow conditions, strikes at airports and any other cause beyond Arctic World.
? Costs and applications for visa to Chile, LATAM or other countries if required.
- Everything not listed in the INCLUDED section.
Trip Cancellation Insurance (consult prices).
Arctic World as specialists in the polar regions, organize tailor made trips according the interests, budget, available time and wishes of the traveller. So, to this trip are possible adding activities, days, meals, excursions, etc, in order this will be an unforgettable experience. Just tell us the days, activities and meals you want to do and we will prepare your customize trip.