Top Arctic World Expeditions
Specialists in Iceland
Trips Active >> Trip Details
Our 5-days husky trip follows the forests and frozen lakes on the edge of the Pallas-Ylläs National Park, the second cleanest air in the world. This safari is a unique opportunity to admire the untouched nature of Lapland. Each participant drives his or her own sled hauled by a joyful dog team.
Fire making skills, team spirit and wilderness life are learned during the overnights in the wilderness huts. Overnighting in warm wilderness cabins will allow us to recover energy to start a new day of adventure in the heart of Lapland.
- Flight from your country of residence – Kittila.
- Transfer to Muonio.
- Welcome dinner with the safari group.
- Overnight in cabin with sauna.
Days 2 - 6
- After breakfast you will be provided with safari equipment and meet with the guide who gives you a short introduction to the programme of the week. You meet your own dog team, the sleds will be packed and you will be taught how to handle the sled. Start of the safari.
- The route will take you through beautiful forest scenery, over frozen lakes and along the icy rivers.
- Everyone takes care of his dog team, helps to prepare the meals and make fire. Breakfast and dinner are prepared in the huts, lunch by open fire in the wilderness.
- Each night is spent in different cosy huts with sauna.
- On day 6 return to Harriniva in the afternoon.
- Durante la tarde del día 6 de la ruta, volveremos a Muonio.
- Farewell group dinner with Lappish specialities.
- Overnight in our cosy safari cabins nearby Muonio.
- Transfer to Kittila Airport.
- Flight from Kittila to your country of residence.
DATESFrom December 2022 to April 2023 (ask for departures)
RESERVATIONBefore 60 days of the trip: 50% of the trip price + flights. After 60 days: 100% + flights
MINIMUM GROUP1 person
- 2 overnights in cabins with shared sauna, shower and wc facilities.
- 4 overnights in wilderness huts.
- Transfer Kittila airport to Muonio and return.
- 5 Days of dogsledding (each participant drives own dog team).
- Full board (from dinner on first day to breakfast on last day).
- A qualified English speaking wilderness guide.
- Multi-adventure insurance.
- Complete equipment (thermo-overall, boots, socks, mittens, warm hat, sleeping bag).
- Air taxes.
- Meals on transfers, airports and cities.
- Extra activities and excursions optional out of the expedition plan.
?Extra accommodation nights and extra meals and airports because of delays due to weather conditions, strikes at airports and any other cause beyond Arctic World.
? Extra activities and excursions optional out of the expedition plan.
? Costs and applications for visa to Finland, European Union or other countries if required.
- Everything not listed in the INCLUDED section.
- Air excess costs of personal baggage.
- Extra nights.
- Trip cancellation insurance.
Arctic World as specialists in the polar regions, organize tailor made trips according the interests, budget, available time and wishes of the traveller. So, to this trip are possible adding activities, days, meals, excursions, etc, in order this will be an unforgettable experience. Just tell us the days, activities and meals you want to do and we will prepare your customize trip.