Top Arctic World Expeditions
Specialists in Iceland
Trips Expeditions >> Trip Details
The Magnetic North Pole, the point that all compasses point, was discovered by John Ross in 1831 in King William Island. Unlike its namesake geographic, the Magnetic Pole moves about 15 kilometers annually. Currently located at latitude 82º North in a very chaotic area of the Arctic Ocean.
A plane will take off from Resolute Bay at 75 degrees north latitude and it will drop off the team in the ice pack around 100 kilometers of the Magnetic North Pole. After 11 days of skiing, in the midst of a large expedition atmosphere, surrounded by a white desert in total isolation, we will arrive at our destination. At that time we will be more than 1,000 kilometers from the nearest inhabited place.
Flight to Ottawa. Overnight at hotel.
Flight Ottawa to Resolute Bay. Overnight at hotel.
Day to prepare all equipment and sleds. Overnight at hotel.
Charter flight in a plane with skis from Resolute to the northern tip of Ellef Ringnes Island where we will landed on the sea ice.
Days 4 to 14
Ski crossing from Cape Isachsen, the northernmost point of the island of Ellef rign. The march will pass through very rough terrain and it is possible to find open water channels. The environment will be with the sun continuously 24 hours a day. At night we will sleep in tents. The stages will be 6 or 7 hours of actual march hauling a sled from about 60 to 70 kg. Is it possible to watch seals and polar bears.
After arrival at the Magnetic North Pole, flight back to Resolute Bay. Overnight at hotel.
Stay in Resolute Bay, visit the Inuit village and optionally doing a snowmobile tour. Overnight at hotel.
Flight Resolute - Ottawa. Overnight at hotel.
Flight Ottawa - home.
RESERVATIONBefore 120 days of the trip: 50% of the trip price + flights. After 120 days: 100% + flights
MINIMUM GROUP4 People
- 4 Nights with full board in hotel in Resolute.
- Transfers between airport and accommodation in Resolute Bay.
- Charter plane flight from Resolute to the starting point of the expedition.
- Charter plane flight from Magnetic North Pole to Resolute.
- Specific polar equipment rental during the expedition.
- Food and fuel during the expedition.
- Arctic World Guide.
- Travel insurance.
- 1 Piece of baggage of 15 kilogrames as a personal luggage.
- Flight tickets to Resolute Bay and return.
- Air taxes.
- Meals on transfers, airports and Ottawa.
- Personal mountain equipment needed for the expedition.
- Extra accommodation nights and extra meals in Ottawa, Resolute and other aiports and cities because of delays due to weather conditions, strikes at airports and any other causes beyond the Arctic World.
- Costs of air excess weight in personal baggage.
- Group: 4 to 6 people.
- Guide: Arctic World