Top Arctic World Expeditions
Specialists in Iceland
Trips Expeditions >> Trip Details
In addition to impressive granite walls that mark the route, along the way we will be "escorted" by hanging glaciers, we will ski on frozen rivers whose ice is so pure and transparent that you can see the vertical grain built by frozen water, we will cross lakes carved out by glacial moraines that appear to have been driven by giants, and in the distance, we will saw a true polar icecap, the Penny Icecap.
Our journey will end in the town of Pangnirtung, in the Strait of Cumberland, an Inuit settlement that in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century was one of the main destinations of the whaling ships of the epoch.
Flight to Ottawa. Overnight at hotel.
Flight Ottawa - Qikiqtarjuaq. Overnight in Inuit house.
Day in Qikiqtarjuaq to prepare all equipment and gear, and to visit the village. Overnight in Inuit house.
Beginning of the voyage over the Davis Strait ice pack by dogsleds with Inuit guides. Nos dirigiremos hacia el punto de entrada del Akshayuk Pass. We will go to the Akshayuk Pass entry point. Overnight in tent.
Days 5 and 6
We will continue our journey of 80 kilometers of frozen sea to reach the third day the entrance of the defile where we will be dropped off by our Inuit guides. Nights in tent.
Days 7 to 15 days
100 Kilometers ski crossing of the Akshayuk Pass dragging individual sleds with all gear for the expedition. Nights in tents.
End of crossing. Some Inuit guides will meet us and they will take us by snowmobile to the town of Pangnirtung. Night in guesthouse or Inuit house.
Free time to visit Pangnirtung. Night in guesthouse or Inuit house.
Flight Pangnirtung - Ottawa. Overnight at hotel.
Flight Ottawa - home.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE90 Days before
RESERVATION30% of the trip price excluding flight tickets and air taxes.
MINIMUM GROUP6 People
- 2 Hotel nights in Ottawa.
- 3 Nights accommodation in guesthouse or Inuit house in Pangnirtung.
- 2 Nights accommodation in Inuit house in Qikiqtarjuaq.
- Transfer to the starting point of the journey from Qikiqtarjuaq.
- Transfer from the final point of the crossing to Pangnirtung.
- All meals in Qikiqtarjuaq, Pangnirtung and the ski crossing.
- Specific polar equipment rental during the trip.
- Travel insurance.
- 1 Piece of baggage of 15 kilogrames as a personal luggage.
- Air taxes.
- Meals in Ottawa.
- Meals on transfers and airports.
- Extra accommodation nights and extra meals in Ottawa, Qikiqtarjuaq, Pangnirtung and Iqaluit because of delays due to weather conditions, strikes at airports and any other causes beyond Arctic World.
- Costs of air excess weight in personal baggage.
- Due to severe limitations on weight permited on aircrafts, it is important not to carry as personal baggage over 15 kilos per person.